Wedding Speeches: Perfect Words for a Perfect Day is a great resource for finding quotes, poems, and letters about love to bolster any wedding speech (or even to use as readings during a ceremony).
The book is divided into two sections. The first section is about 25% of the book and includes a lot of the content typically found in these types of books: bullet points on who is responsible to say what, advice on how to write your speech, and tips on delivery (don’t drink, breathe, make eye contact, smile). The remaining 75% of the book includes a collection of source material.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
2. Pen to Paper
3. Using Source Material
4. The Perfect Delivery
5. The End of the Beginning
6. Short and Sweet
7. Romantic: love poems
9. The Classics
13. Famous Love Letters
14. Sample Speeches and Snippets
Quotes From the Book
“It’s fine to spend hours editing a speech on your computer, but preparation that really counts is vocal rehearsal. Quite simply that means practicing your speech out loud, whether it’s in front of a small group of friends, alone or even with a pet! This is the only way to gain the requisite familiarity with the material.”
If you’re looking for a good quote to use in your wedding toast, or a unique reading to use during your ceremony, check out this author’s collection of source material.